Whale Watch Fundraising Cruise & University of Hawaii Maui College Scholarships
To fund the three $2000 University of Hawaii Maui College scholarships, the AAUW Maui Branch sponsors a 2-hour mid-afternoon whale watch cruise through the Pacific Whale Foundation.
The cruise includes:
- a talk by a Marine Naturalists with a fun and informative interpretation of humpback whale behaviors and characteristics
- a great opportunity to spot whales (Pacific Whale Foundation boasts a 97.7% success rate for whale sightings on their cruises)
- great door prizes like gift certificates to local businesses
- complimentary pupus (appetizers)
- no host bar
When: 1st Sunday in March, 3-5pm with
What: Cruise with Pacific Whale Foundation’s 147 passenger Ocean Odyssey out of Ma’alaea Harbor www.pacificwhale.org
Who: All are welcome! You can be involved in several different ways.
- Volunteer: The Whale Watch Committee in the months prior need volunteers to help with many planning details, as well as on the day of the Whale Watch.
- Sponsor: For $350 (or more) you can be a sponsor of the annual whale watch to help defray the fixed costs. As a sponsor you will also get promoted as part of the whale watch advertising.
- Donor: If you cannot attend our whale watch fund raiser, you can donate the ticket price or any amount you choose to help fund the scholarships.
- Participant: You can purchase a whale watch ticket and attend for an afternoon of food, fun, and fellowship for a great cause.
Eligibility and how to apply for our scholarships:
Information about 2019 recipients
Women Helping Women Holiday Donation & Support
To provide holiday gifts for the women and children at the Maui shelter over the holidays.
Our annual holiday party and potluck also supports those not able to be in their own homes due to domestic violence. Wrapped gifts of clothing for women and children of all ages, games, and gift cards for local clothing, merchandise, food, and gasoline businesses are donated to the Maui shelter for distribution.
NEW PROJECTS COMING THIS YEAR
- Voter Registration
- Woman’s Suffrage 100-year Commemoration
- Financial Literacy Workshops
- Salary Negotiation Workshops